Recipe: Tasty Matcha Pound Cake
Matcha Pound Cake.
You can have Matcha Pound Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matcha Pound Cake
- Prepare 120 g (4.2 oz) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 95 g of (3.4 oz, 10.5 Tbsp) powdered sugar, or 8 Tbsp glanulated sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs, 100g (3.5 oz), room temperature.
- Prepare 85 g of (3 oz, 7/10 us cup) cake flour.
- It's 10 g (5 tsp) of matcha powder.
- It's 3 g (3/4 tsp) of baking powder.
- You need 15 g of (0.5 oz, 2.5 Tbsp) almond flour.
- You need of Syrup.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of hot water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of brandy.
Matcha Pound Cake instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/prj4vszYmd4.
- Grease the pan with butter. Sprinkle bread flour onto the pan. Tap it with your hand to remove excess flour. Let it sit in a fridge. Soften it at room temperature beforehand. Prepare room-temperature eggs..
- Put matcha powder into a bowl while sifting with a tea strainer. Add cake flour and baking powder to the matcha powder. Stir it until evenly, and sift it; set aside. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374°F..
- Cream the butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar in 3 parts. (If the powdered sugar form lumps, you should sift it before adding.) Mix well each time. You can replace it with granulated sugar..
- Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until white and fluffy (for 4 mins). Use a spatula to transfer the edge butter into the center and mix evenly. If you use a whisk, mix it 7-8 mins..
- Beat egg lightly until watery. You should warm the egg in hot water to 35℃ / 95 F if your room is cold. Add it to the butter in 4-5 parts. Mix thoroughly after each addition until creamy. I use a whisk to mix, but it's okay to use a hand mixer (low speed). I think using a whipper will emulsify more than using a mixer..
- Sift almond flour over the batter. Mix well with a spatula until smooth. It's okay to put it in without sifting. If you do so, please mix while crushing the lumps..
- Add dry ingredients while sifting again to prevent matcha lumps from forming. Fold it until powderiness disappears. Please scrape the edge flour off, and fold it into the batter..
- Put the batter into the pan without gaps, as possible. Flatten roughly, and give light shocks to remove gaps. Draw a line with butter. (omittable) If you draw a butter-line on the center, the cake will crack and be baked well. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 30 mins, 160℃ / 320 F for 10 mins..
- Drop the pan to prevent the cake from shrinking. Let it cool for around 20 mins, and remove the cake while it's warm..
- Make syrup. Mix granulated sugar and hot water, stir well to melt the sugar thoroughly. Add brandy and mix roughly..
- Brush all sides with syrup (twice on each side). Double-wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it sit overnight at room temperature. (You should let it sit for at least 3 hours.) Done!.