Recipe: Appetizing Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll)
Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll).
You can cook Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) using 22 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll)
- Prepare of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- It's of Sponge Cake (Chiffon Cake).
- It's 4 of egg yolks (80g, 2.8 oz).
- Prepare 35 g (3 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg yolk.
- Prepare 45 g (3.7 Tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- It's 65 g of (4 + 1/3 Tbsp) milk.
- Prepare 105 g of cake flour (3.7 oz).
- You need 4 of egg whites (160g, 5.6 oz).
- Prepare 65 g (5.5 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for egg white.
- Prepare of Cheese Cream.
- It's 100 g (3.5 oz) of cream cheese.
- It's 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for cream cheese.
- Prepare 200 g of (7 oz, 7/8 us cup) heavy cream.
- It's 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for heavy cream.
- It's 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's of Coffee Syrup.
- It's 4 Tbsp of boiling water.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.
- You need 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of rum.
- Prepare of For dusting.
- Prepare of cocoa powder, sugar-free.
Tiramisu-ish Chiffon Swiss Roll (Chiffon Cake Roll) instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→youtu.be/6rkKh3Fvt30.
- 【For Chiffon Cake】Sift the cake flour twice. Put the egg yolk in a large bowl. Put the egg white in another large bowl. Let the egg white sit in a fridge. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 F..
- Add granulated sugar to the egg yolk. Mix it with a whisk until whitish and heavy. Pour the oil little by little in it while stirring. Make it smooth. (Emulsify it.).
- Warm the milk with a microwave to body temperature. Pour it little by little in the egg yolk mixture while stirring..
- Add cake flour and stir it until powderiness disappears. And then mix strongly and speedy 20-30 times until heavy a little..
- Take the egg white out from the fridge. Beat it lightly until watery. Whip it with a hand mixer on high speed..
- When it becomes white and fluffy, add granulated sugar in 2 parts. Whip it until the peak hangs down lightly. Whip slowly on low speed for a min to smooth it..
- Add the meringue to egg yolk batter in 3-4 parts. Stir well until smooth at 1st addition..
- From the next addition, mix the top lightly, and then scoop it up and let it slip through your whisk; repeat scooping. Mix well until combined and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl, and fold it..
- Pour it into a baking sheet, and flatten it. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 F for 18 mins. After baking, drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out from the sheet, and let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Cheese Cream】Put the cream cheese in a bowl. Mix it until smooth. Add granulated sugar. Mix well until the roughness of sugar disappears..
- Add granulated sugar and lemon juice to the heavy cream. Whip it while cooling with ice water until soft peaks form, on low speed..
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese in 3-4 times, and fold it until combined. Let it sit in a fridge..
- 【For Coffee Syrup】Add instant coffee to hot water, and stir well. Add granulated sugar, and stir to melt the sugar. Add rum and mix well..
- 【Let's finish up!】Brush both sides of the cake with the syrup, and use up the syrup..
- Spread a plastic wrap over the cake and turn it over. Cut off the edge (end of rolling) at an angle..
- Spread the cheese cream over the sponge..
- Roll the cake. Roll it up tightly at the beginning. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper. And then seal it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying. Let it sit in a fridge overnight to make the sponge moist. (It's OK 3 hours as well.).
- Sprinkle cocoa powder. It's all done!.